It is imperative to take care of the air conditioner that you install in your house or office. Just like any other device, these devices have a lifespan too. And in order to ensure its longevity, you must take care of it at appropriate intervals.It is imperative to take care of the air conditioner that you install in your house or office. Just like any other device, these devices have a lifespan too. And in order to ensure its longevity, you must take care of it at appropriate intervals.
An air conditioner comes under fixtures and fittings and that is why people tend not to pay so much attention towards its maintenance. However, we must remember that it is not a light bulb that we can just change when it goes off. We have to make it a point to regularly get it checked by a professional. For that, you can just search for A C repair near me to get the service companies.
What to Get Checked?
Unless you got your air conditioner or conditioners from Collis Electric and Air who send their workers regularly to help with the maintenance of your air conditioners and are experts so they know what they are doing, you have to know what to get checked in your air conditioner.
1. Check pressures, amps and volts. Make sure that the maintenance service professional checks the circuit and the potential differences in the circuit.
2. Thorough nuts and bolts check. You will need to get all connections tightened, recalibrate the thermostat so that it trips on the right temperature and lubricate motors so they do not experience much wear and tear or make noise.
3. The coils. Make sure the person checks the evaporator and condenser coil and cleans them up.
4. Inspect and clean the duct work and drain line in your AC so that the water drips out appropriately.
5. Make sure the person gives the filters a good clean or change them if need be.